HIGH FRICTION SURFACE TREATMENTS (HFST)
High friction surface treatments (HFST) are a safety enhancement that bonds high friction aggregate to road surfaces, dramatically and immediately reducing crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
• DeAngelo Contracting Services’ HFST application reduces stopping distances by up to 40%
• Up to a 90% reduction in fatalities and serious injuries after its installation
• Full lane width treatments can be applied in hours, with minimal impact to traffic
• Monitoring of mil thickness of the resin binder, volume and spread rate of the bauxite aggregate, ambient and pavement temperatures for a safe and accurate specification compliance requirement
• Low in cost compared to geometric improvements